Cardiff RFC, Cardiff Blues, Wales and Lions centre/wing/Duracell bunny Tom Shanklin can’t stop talking about the HBO hit, ‘The Wire’. “I’ve never been to Baltimore in my life, but that’s EXACTLY how it is” explained Tom. “I was due to go out to play in South Africa for the Lions but luckily I got injured and was able to stay up ridiculously late every week night to watch it. Did you know that the guy who played Omar is from Hackney or something? I heard they were going to give the part to Danny Dyer but it clashed with him writing a column for Zoo” enthused Gareth Thomas lookalike Shanklin. “And then when !!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!! Went and killed ***************** that was so cool especially as he was ******************* in the head!!!!!!!! That’s just mixed up, crazy ass stuff right there. Mo’ def” claimed Shanklin, unrealistically.
It was revealed today that if you type in C H E A T S as your team name for upcoming EA Rugby 2010, you can chose to play as Munster. Other hidden features include:
* Playing London Irish as a team made up of Irish players with a home venue in London
* Choosing Wayne Barnes as ref means that you can pass the ball forward when playing against the All Blacks.
* Pressing Kick once and Tackle twice allows you to play Gavin Henson for either the Ospreys or Wales but not the Lions or during World Cup matches.
* Tannoy announcements of Ryan Jones can be made to pronounce his name as RYYYYYYAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN JOOOOOOOOONNNESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!1
* Losing the ability to pick any Fijian, Samoan, Tongan or Cook Islander to play for New Zealand.
* Typing circle, square and cross at the same time switches the teams to Conference rules.
* Typing RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT means you can choose to play in the Gwlad Canterbury kit
Under fire Chancel……Prime Minister Gordon Brown has unveiled his new plan to get Britain back on track financially. In a break from tradition, the Scarlets are to pay back all the money they’ve taken from the WRU directly into the Treasury. “This won’t just deal with our debt, we’ll also buy some more banks, reduce all income tax to 10% and rid the world of poverty” said the Loser-in-Chief, yesterday. The left over money is believed to be enough to cure all known diseases, some unknown diseases and some diseases that you know but which you haven’t kept in touch with in a long time, you see it’s so busy with kids, they take up all your time and when you’ve finally got them to bed and off to sleep you’ve only got the energy to sit in front of the telly and veg out for a bit. You still living in Bath? Oh, you moved in 1997. Doesn’t time fly?