Are you an avid user of sports apps? Are you in the sports business and interested in using apps to develop your business?
The Centre of Excellence in Mobile Applications and Services (CEMAS) are hosting a Sports and Mobile Event on Wednesday 3rd July 2013 at the Liberty Stadium in Swansea.
The event will be featuring the popular British and Irish Lions mobile app. It’s free to register, just go to http://cemassportsandmobile.eventbrite.com/
The event starts at 10:00am. Food and hot drinks will be served to all delegates.
- Paul Thomas & Owen Davies, Sequence (Developers of the Official British & Irish Lions mobile app)
- Mark Davies & Jonathan Moore, UB Coach App
- Nick Russill, Snow Forecast, Surf – Forecast
- Sion Clwyd Roberts, Capital Law
- Prof. Khalid Al-Begain, Director of CEMAS
- Martin Spicer, Commercial Manager of CEMAS
This Event features the Welsh developers of the official British & Irish Lions tour app, and companies who have worked with the players and management of the Lions tour party. Other speakers will advise on the IP implications of digital development related to sports and general businesses and feature the developers of ‘Snow and Surf Forecast’ – which are industry leading digital resources for surfers and skiers.
Finally ‘UB Coach’ will be featured, a collaboration with IMD Systems and CEMAS through its business support programme.
The Event will not only showcase a selection of mobile apps specifically designed for the sports industry but will also offer valuable information and advice on topics such as:
- What are the benefits of app development to business and particularly sport?
- What is the business case and benefits of an app?
- Minimising the risks in bringing my market to app and commercialising it
- Commercial app development in Wales with Welsh SMEs
- Support schemes available in Wales for app and mobile ICT development
Limited places remain for exhibitors showcasing sports related mobile apps. For information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.